Friday, September 9, 2011

Bismillahir-Rahmaanir-Rahim.


I am very nervous.

This is my very first post to this blog...

I'm writing this in great hopes...hopes for a better day for humanity. I know that's a pretty vast dream but if we don't dream, how will anything happen? It's like a ripple in a pond. It starts small...grows slowly but steadily...spreading its tiny waves...then radiating to reach the outer edges of the pond.

Remember, it starts with a small dream...

But it doesn't and shouldn't stop there. You need to put these dreams into action before they fade into the depths of your busy thoughts. This may not always be an easy task. Many times you will have to push yourself...push yourself to the point of leaving your comfort zones. There may be times that you get a little uncomfortable and a little nervous of the uncertainties that lay ahead, but you keep pushing...It's the only way.

So, here I am. Uncomfortable with writing down my thoughts and sharing them publicly, not confident with my writing, uncertain of the possibilities of this project... BUT inshallah, I will keep moving forward. For the pleasure of Allah Suhanahu Ta'la. With the help of Allah Suhanahu Ta'la, inshallah.

Jazakallah Khairan for those who are supporting this cause. Your encouragement is truly appreciated!

For those of you reading this unsure of what I'm talking about, Little Smiles Project is an effort to raise money for the Islamic Relief Canada...with a creative twist. Artwork and crafts will be created by me and anyone else who wishes to participate and will be sold to raise funds for the IRC. Currently, several homeschooling sisters are willing to lend a hand in crafting for a cause. Alhamdulillah!  

If you are interested in finding out more about the Islamic Relief Canada and their wonderful efforts, please visit their website at http://www.islamicreliefcanada.org.

If you are interested in contributing your work of art for this cause, please feel free to contact me.  I would truly appreciate it and may Allah (swt) reward you for your effort!  

Please remember me in your duas and May Allah (swt) help all those suffering around the world.
Ameen.


Wassalaam,
Umme Maryam

No comments:

Post a Comment